Project

General

Database separation problems

bin bin
Added over 2 years ago

Hello,

I have several questions

1, my msg_history table is very big, has nearly 10G, do you have any good idea?

2, my current idea is to use amp plug-in, to separate msg_history and user_jid tables to a different database, is that ok

3, I want to user_jid this table can be individually assigned to a database

4, I use - auth - db this parameter to certification form alone points out, but after repeated tigase service, can't normal registration, below is my configuration, please have a look at what's the problem

Think you

Bill

config-type=--gen-config-def
--cluster-mode = true
--admins=admin@tigase.test.local
--virt-hosts=tigase.test.local
--debug=server,xmpp.impl,db,cluster
--monitoring=jmx:9050,http:9080
--user-db=mysql
--user-db-uri=jdbc:mysql://mysql/tigasedb?user=tigase&password=123&useUnicode=true&characterEncoding=UTF-8&autoCreateUser=true

--sm-plugins=amp,-message,-msgoffline
--amp-repo-uri=jdbc:mysql://mysql/messagedb?user=message&password=123&useUnicode=true&characterEncoding=UTF-8&autoCreateUser=true
--amp-security-level=STRICT
sess-man/plugins-conf/amp/amp-jid=amp@tigase.test.local

--auth-db=tigase-custom
--auth-db-uri=jdbc:mysql://mysql/authdb?user=auth&password=123

Replies (3)

Added by Wojciech Kapcia TigaseTeam over 2 years ago

bin bin wrote:

Hello,

I have several questions

1, my msg_history table is very big, has nearly 10G, do you have any good idea?

What do you mean by good idea? You store a lot of information. It looks like that you have a lot of single-time users and problems with addressing (i.e. lot's of single time messages to users that are offline and then not-reconnecting [which would remove messages from repository]).

You should probably be able to purge old offline message (older than a couple of months).

You can configure limit of stored messages with following configuration (default is 100):

sess-man/plugins-conf/amp/store-limit[L]=5
amp/store-limit[L]=5
sess-man/plugins-conf/amp/user-store-limit-enable[B]=true

2, my current idea is to use amp plug-in, to separate msg_history and user_jid tables to a different database, is that ok

Yes, almost all components/plugins that use repository can be configured to utilize separate database (and in case of higher load this is recommended).

3, I want to user_jid this table can be individually assigned to a database

I'm sorry I don't understand.

4, I use - auth - db this parameter to certification form alone points out, but after repeated tigase service, can't normal registration, below is my configuration, please have a look at what's the problem

Again - I'm sorry but I don't understand.

Please keep in mind, that if you use separate --auth-db you have to use &autoCreateUser=true in your --user-db configuration.

Added by bin bin over 2 years ago

Think you very much.

I have a question.

I want to monitor tigase server, my tigase config parameter as follow:

My jar folder have jdmkrt.jar and tigase-extras.jar but I see 9050 port doesn't listening in linux Server.

I use jconsole tool can't remote connections 9050 in the windows system.

Excuse me what happened

Bill

Added by Wojciech Kapcia TigaseTeam over 2 years ago

bin bin wrote:

Think you very much.

I have a question.

Please create separate threads for separate topics!

I want to monitor tigase server, my tigase config parameter as follow:

My jar folder have jdmkrt.jar and tigase-extras.jar but I see 9050 port doesn't listening in linux Server.

I use jconsole tool can't remote connections 9050 in the windows system.

Excuse me what happened

Please use full Tigase distribution package, which contains all required dependencies.

(1-3/3)