Project

General

Stopping a component

C P
Added 11 months ago

Does the method stop() in a component work before shutting down the server (tigase-server-8.0.0-SNAPSHOT-b5058)?

Replies (4)

Added by C P 11 months ago

how can I call my method before shutting down the server?

Added by Wojciech Kapcia TigaseTeam 11 months ago

It's described in the documentation http://docs.tigase.org/tigase-server/snapshot/Development_Guide/html_chunk/cil8.html:

h3. Stopping a component

Component instance may be stopped at any point of Tigase XMPP Server runtime, ie. due to reconfiguration, or due to server graceful shutdown.

In both cases following methods of a component will be called:

void stop() - first method stops component internal processing queues.

void beforeUnregister() (optional) - if component implements UnregisterAware interface this method is called to notify instance of a component that it is being unloaded.

void unregister(Kernel kernel) (optional) - if component implements RegistrarBean called to give component a way to unregister beans (if needed).

So to answer your question - the method will be called before stopping the component instance but not necessarily server.

You can use method tigase.sys.TigaseRuntime#addShutdownHook() to add your custom hook, which will be executed during server shutdown.

Added by C P 11 months ago

when I override method stop() I expect this method to be called when the component is stopping (to store data in database), but it is not called

Added by Wojciech Kapcia TigaseTeam 11 months ago

Thank you for reporting - there may be some issue with calling this method, I've created the task to resolve this: #6411 - please watch it to be notified upon resolution.

(1-4/4)