Tigase XMPP Server 5.2.0 Beta3
The third beta of Tigase XMPP Server 5.2.0 has been released. Binaries are available for download right now in the files section on the project tracking system. Sources are available in our code repository under the tag 5.2.0-beta3 - tags/tigase-server-5.2.0-beta3. Maven artifacts have been deployed to our maven repository.
Three major additions to the Tigase XMPP Server in this beta release:
- XEP-0198 - stream management extension with full support with ACK and Stream resumption. It is fresh but extensively tested already. If you do not have software to check it out or to test it, you can either use our JaXMPP2 client library which offers full support for the XEP or have a look at our Android client which can also make use of it.
- XEP-0280 message carbons extension. Similarly to the above XEP full support for it is also included in our client side library and mobile messenger.
- Tigase ACS - which is not open source component but we make it available for free for development and testing. It is included in our binary builds and updates are pushed to maven repository. So you can grab it and use it.
Other changes which have been made in this release:
- Switched JDK compatibility to JDK7. Number of issues in Tigase server were related to bugs in JDK6 and patching them and creating workarounds was taking up resources. Therefore we decided to switch over to JDK7. Right now Tigase on JDK7 is under extensive tests. Please let us know if you find any issues.
- Fix issues with init.d scripts.
- Fixed issues with forking messages with type other than chat.
- remove obsolete xep-0136 DB schema.
- Fixed issue #1418 - returning feature-not-implemented for requests without element.
- Add number of active users to statistics.
- Added Content-Length header in response to OPTIONS request even if there is no content.
- Fixed sending requests for ack if queue for ack size is bigger than default value of 10.
- Inclusion of HTTP component to the installer #1384.
- Add heap memory setting, correct script path (#52).
- Fix checking for OSGi mode (#1508 - Cannot find TIGASE_HOME after installation).
- various bugs and code cleanups.