Project

General

Tigase.org migration

Artur Hefczyc TigaseTeam
Added almost 8 years ago

The Tigase.org with all services has been migrated onto a new machine. More powerful with spare hard drives and new, updated software. I hope this will provide you with a better service, fast loading pages with documentation and more reliable website. I would like to say a big thank you to Florian from Flosoft for his quick reaction and making a new server available just within a few hours. Hence the service disruption was minimal and I hope it hasn't caused too much inconvenience. When the everything is stabilised and prove to be working fine I plan to make even more changes:

• There is an improved Forums system coming, still Drupal based, however, with functionality closer to what you are used in dedicated forums systems.
  • I said a warm good bye to the Trac which served me well in last years as the project tracking system. It will be replaced with again Drupal based solution called Storm. It seems to be providing all the functionality we need, while it is integrated with the main website so no need for another system to maintain and manage.
  • There is also coming a closer integration between Drupal and XMPP with PubSub based receiving notifications about new posts and even posting new entries from your XMPP client.

As usually I am open to any suggestions you may have.