Tigase XMPP Server 5.0.0-b2135 final!
I am happy to announce the final release of the Tigase XMPP Server 5.0.0. There were no significant changes since the last and previous beta. Mostly minor fixes for bugs which slipped through the tests:
- Fixed a minor issue with the scripting API which caused problems with iteration through online users' sessions.
- Fixed a bug with connection manager component sending disconnect notification to incorrect address (not session manager) in some cases.
- On XML parse error, the user connection is now closed. If received XML exceeds the server limits (max size of element name, max size of CData), this is considered as the XML parse error. This is to protect the service from DOS attacks.
- Fixed issue with Bosh connection manager preventing clients from using keep-alive HTTP connections.
- Fixed a bug with dropping vCard responses sent from other servers.
One of the things planned but not completed is the installer improvements. I was hoping to fix some issues with the installer itself, improve installation/upgrade process, add some operating system and network settings checking during installation to avoid confusion. This task has been delayed for the next version. Packages are available from our download section and automated tests page has been updated with tests for the final release. Please check it out and let me know if you have any suggestions or comments.