Tigase Server ver. 3.3.2
I am happy to announce that the new version of the Tigase Jabber/XMPP server is available for download. It's been about 5 months since the last release and indeed huge number of changes and improvements come with today's version 3.3.2. Here is a very brief list of changes:
- Reduced resources consumption and improved performance.
- New, smart caching system.
- Bosh component is now stable and ready for production.
- Dynamic rosters support added.
- Configuration wizards on MS Windows through new initial property file which also supports parameter's types.
- Improved support for multi-core and multi-cpu systems
- MSN gateway (transport) available in tigase-extras based on excellent Java MSN Messenger Library.
- SQL Server support added.
- SSL certificates loading from PEM files available in tigase-extras
- Many other minor changes, improvements and bug fixes....
I hope you like the new version and as usually all comments and suggestions are very welcomed. Also, as usually test results for the release are available on the test page. For more detailed information keep reading...
- Reduced resources consumption and improved performance improvements. Tigase is known as the server with very low resources consumption for each active user connection and for each XMPP packet processed. Due to a heavy profiling the server under heavy load I was able to further reduce RAM usage and increase throughput.
- Caching system new, smart caching system has replaced the old very simple cache. This again reduces resource usage and increased the server performance.
- Bosh component is stable number of fixes and improvements in the Bosh component. This is now one of the best tested elements of the server. I can highly recommend it for production environment.
- Dynamic rosters support it is now possible to load user rosters based on business logic. The standard user roster is loaded as well as dynamically generated roster based on any number of implementations of the DynamicRosterIfc interface
- Configuration wizards supported on MS Windows through new initial property file which also supports parameter's types. Now on all systems the initial configuration can be easily tweaked using simple property file which is loaded at startup time.
- Improved support for multi-core and multi-cpu systems - each plugin in the session manager now works in a separate thread. So different XMPP packets are processed concurrently. This improves throughput in some systems where some plugins have to access slow resources like SOAP or database.
- MSN gateway (transport) available in tigase-extras - a new Tigase package which contains code requiring third-party libraries for compilation and running. The Tigase MSN gateway is using excellent Java MSN Messenger Library.
- SQL Server support added - schema definition is available in the repository and is added to the binary package. The server is fully tested and confirmed to working fine with SQL Server database.
- SSL certificates loading from PEM files. When you add new virtual domain to the server configuration simply drop new certificate file for this domain in given directory and the server loads it next time it is needed.
- Minor improvements and bug fixes like: extended list of parameters for user and auth repository initialization, extra settings for session manager plugins, fixes in presence notification and presence subscriptions area, fixed problem with I/O in certain network environment and many others...