Project

General

My old code can't create new conference on Tigase 5.2

Tuan Son Phan
Added about 5 years ago

I have installed new Tigase 5.2 on Ubuntu. So my old code flex can't create new conference, whereas it did well on 5.15 version.

Here is stanza:

<presence to="testroom@muc.systm8.com/testbyphan1"><priority>0</priority><x xmlns="http://jabber.org/protocal/muc" /></presence>

What's wrong here, please help.

Thank you.

Replies (23)

(1)

Added by Bartosz Malkowski TigaseTeam about 5 years ago

What is the answer from server?

Added by Tuan Son Phan about 5 years ago

Nothing.

After that for a moment, from my client send a ping stanze and get an answer for that ping.

That's all.

Maybe try to use correct xmlns? ;-)

In your example is "http://jabber.org/protoc*a*l/muc" ;-)

(1)

That's my typo. Here is exactly what's i copied from there:

<presence to="tttt@muc.systm8.com/testbyphan1"><priority>0</priority><x xmlns="http://jabber.org/protocol/muc" /></presence>
(1)

OK.

Then I need server logs. Turn on debug log level and see what happend in Tigase XMPP Server.

(1)

i set debug mode like that:

--debug = server,muc.MUCComponent

Could you tell me is that right?

And please check log file for detail.

Thank you in advance.

testroom is room name, which i tried to create, so you can search in log file.

Here is content of init.properties file:

--cluster-mode = false
config-type = --gen-config-all
--debug = server,muc.MUCComponent
--user-db = mysql
--admins = admin@systm8.com
--user-db-uri = jdbc:mysql://localhost/tigasedb?user=tigase&password=tigase12345
--virt-hosts = abcdef8.com
--comp-name-3 = message-archive
--comp-class-3 = tigase.archive.MessageArchiveComponent
--comp-class-2 = tigase.pubsub.PubSubComponent
--comp-name-2 = pubsub
--comp-class-1 = tigase.muc.MUCComponent
--comp-name-1 = muc
--sm-plugins = +message-archive-xep-0136,+jabber:iq:auth,+urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:xmpp-sasl,+urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:xmpp-bind,+urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:xmpp-session,+jabber:iq:register,+jabber:iq:roster,+presence,+jabber:iq:privacy,+jabber:iq:version,+http://jabber.org/protocol/stats,+starttls,+msgoffline,+vcard-temp,+http://jabber.org/protocol/commands,+jabber:iq:private,+urn:xmpp:ping,+domain-filter,+pep,-zlib,+mongoconversationhistory,+basic-filter
sess-man/plugins-conf/mongoconversationhistory/dbserver=localhost
sess-man/plugins-conf/mongoconversationhistory/admindb=abcdef_admin
sess-man/plugins-conf/mongoconversationhistory/dbport=27017
sess-man/plugins-conf/mongoconversationhistory/dbuserid=
sess-man/plugins-conf/mongoconversationhistory/dbpasswd=

--debug = server,muc
(1)

Please check log file again.

(1)

Added by Wojciech Kapcia TigaseTeam about 5 years ago

You've configured only one vhost:

--virt-hosts = abcdef8.com

yet you are sending presence to muc.systm8.com@. Please configure @systm8.com as a Vhost. Also - please provide logs from logs/tigase-console.log file.

Actually it's systm8.com. I just changed it when posted here. So don't worry about host name, because i tigase server run well, i can login.

Here is tigase-console.log. please check

Sorry,

Here is corect file.

(1)

OK, even though your configuration looks correct there is one bit missing - the component is not loaded at all hence problems with delivering stanza. Do you have tigase-muc.jar in jars/ directory? Which exact Tigase version/package did you install?

(1)

yes, i see tigase-muc.jar in jars/ directory, modified date is 11/21/2013. Is that correct package of version 5.2?

We installed tigase 5.2 package.

Looks ok. I am asking which packages given that we provide both installer as well as a few types of archives - have you used installer? Could you give detailed list of jars/ directory? Also - could you retain groovy libraries or remove admin ad-hoc scripts to avoid errors while starting server?

Here is list of jars/ directory. we have 3 extra libs: mongo-2.9.3, mongoconversationhistory and mysql-connector-java.

groovy-all.jar          jetty-osgi-boot.jar  licence-lib.jar               tigase-muc.jar
hamcrest-core.jar       jetty-security.jar   mongo-2.9.3.jar               tigase-pubsub.jar
javax.servlet.jar       jetty-server.jar     mongoconversationhistory.jar  tigase-server.jar
jdmkrt.jar              jetty-servlet.jar    mysql-connector-java.jar      tigase-socks5.jar
jetty-continuation.jar  jetty-util.jar       tigase-acs.jar                tigase-stats-collector-library.jar
jetty-deploy.jar        jetty-webapp.jar     tigase-extras.jar             tigase-stats-collector-provider.jar
jetty-http.jar          jetty-xml.jar        tigase-http-api.jar           tigase-stun.jar
jetty-io.jar            jstun.jar            tigase-message-archiving.jar

we use installer (install via console wizard for Linux).

I don't know what purpose of groovy libraries, and how to remove admin ad-hoc scripts. Could you guide how to do with them to avoid errors while starting server?

(1)

Try removing scripts/admin directory.

(1)

I tried to remove, after restart it's auto generated.

Also here is new log files.

Do you have any idea why muc component is not loaded?

(1)

we've found the reason, Wojciech Kapcia.

We need to move mysql-connector-java.jar to libs folder after installation to make tigase Login ability.

And we need to move tigase-muc.jar to libs folder after installation to make muc is loaded.

And i'm not sure what need to move also.

Do you think that's bugs?

Regards.

(1)

How do you run/start Tigase? Using scripts/tigase.sh script? A while back we made a switch and moved all binaries to the jars/ directory removing libs/ hence all .jar files should be in jars/ directory. Doesn't it work for you?

(1)

i used command: sevice tigased start

is it problem?

(1)

No, it's not a problem but installer itself doesn't update init scripts so while the init.d script in installation path was updated you are using older version which uses two directories (@libs/@ and jars/@) which causes problems. Please move all libraries to @jars/ directory and update init.d script to the latest version (from the installation package) - this should resolve the issue.

thank you.

(1-23/23)