Project

General

Custom parameters in MUC messages

Andrey Povelichenko
Added about 5 years ago

Hello guys!

I know that we can add some custom parameters in One to One chat messages like here:

<message xmlns='jabber:client' to='386-6566@chat.quickblox.com' from='386-6566@chat.quickblox.com' type='chat'>
    <body>Hello world!</body>
    <quickblox><link>http://quickblox.com</link></quickblox>
</message>

But when I try to add this parameter in group chat messages, it will be cut by the server.

<message xmlns='jabber:client' to='6566_test@muc.chat.quickblox.com' from='386-6566@chat.quickblox.com/tigase-7578' type='groupchat'>
    <body>Hello world!</body>
    <quickblox><link>http://quickblox.com</link></quickblox>
</message>

Could you help me to understand with this trouble?

Replies (7)

Added by Wojciech Kapcia TigaseTeam about 5 years ago

By default MUC filters child elements, you can change the behaviour by setting following property in init.properties:

muc/message-filter-enabled[B]=false
(1)

Added by Igor Khomenko about 5 years ago

Where I can find all MUC possible options?

you can check the file etc/config-dump.properties which lists all possible properties. However there is no description there yet.

Added by Andrey Povelichenko about 5 years ago

Thanks, I have set this option and it works. But I have one more question.

How can I save my custom parameters in history of group chat on the server-side?

(1)

If you have above option set then the whole stanza should be stored in the server-side/database.

(1)

Added by Igor Khomenko about 5 years ago

We have Tigase 5.1 installed. As I see, this 5.1 version doesn't have 'msg' field in 'muc_history' table, but latest version has.

So, does it mean that we need to install latest Tigase Server version (5.2 RC2)? Or we can just upgrade MUC component?

(1)

There was an API change a while back and current versions of MUC were already adjusted to use it won't be possible to only update MUC component.

(1-7/7)