Project

General

MUC and a virtual host

Christopher Piggott
Added almost 5 years ago

Hi,

I upgraded from tigase-server-5.1.4-b2998 to tigase-server-5.2.1-b3461. I preserved my tigasedb, and I updated init.properties. My MUC doesn't work at all any more, though. I am not using any clustering, it's just a single server.

My init.properties has this (I changed my real domain to something.com for this example):

--cluster-mode=false

config-type=--gen-config-all

--debug=server,xmpp.XMPPIOService

--user-db=derby

--admins=chrisp@something.com

--user-db-uri=jdbc:derby:/home/xmpp/tigase/tigasedb

--virt-hosts=something.com

--comp-name-1=muc

--comp-class-1=tigase.muc.MUCComponent

--sm-plugins=+jabber:iq:auth,+urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:xmpp-sasl,+urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:xmpp-bind,+urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:xmpp-session,-jabber:iq:register,+jabber:iq:roster,+presence,+jabber:iq:privacy,+jabber:iq:version,+http://jabber.org/protocol/stats,+starttls,+msgoffline,+vcard-temp,+http://jabber.org/protocol/commands,+jabber:iq:private,+urn:xmpp:ping,+basic-filter,+domain-filter,+pep,-zlib

The error that I get seems to be indicating that it can't find the muc, which is muc.something.com

2014-04-20 02:56:14.262 [in_0-message-router] MessageRouter.getLocalComponent() FINEST: None compId matches (fast lookup): c2s@localhost/10.63.151.159_5222_69.207.190.61_58251, for map: {s2s@localhost=tigase.server.xmppserver.S2SConnectionManager@63629cde, ws2s@localhost=tigase.server.websocket.WebSocketClientConnectionManager@7466b0df, basic-conf@localhost=tigase.conf.Configurator@10311ed4, bosh@localhost=tigase.server.bosh.BoshConnectionManager@2a9b5828, monitor@localhost=tigase.server.monitor.MonitorComponent@532be3f, c2s@localhost=tigase.server.xmppclient.ClientConnectionManager@7c0eb30c, sess-man@localhost=tigase.server.xmppsession.SessionManager@d5f80a6, srecv@localhost=tigase.server.sreceiver.StanzaReceiver@7adf485b, vhost-man@localhost=tigase.vhosts.VHostManager@8def89a, stats@localhost=tigase.stats.StatisticsCollector@762375bf, ssend@localhost=tigase.server.ssender.StanzaSender@3f099a3e}

so I'm not quite sure what has gone wrong here. I tried adding muc.something.com as a virt-host and that didn't help... but that was admittedly a staqb in the dark.

Replies (1)

Added by Wojciech Kapcia TigaseTeam almost 5 years ago

You SHOULD NOT add muc.something.com as a VHost as it will definitely break routing and muc won't work.

Can you share content of logs/tigase-console.log from cold start? Is the loading of muc component listed there?

(1-1/1)