Project

General

MUC default options via Tigase Management Console versus init.properties

Hamid Alimohammadi
Added about 4 years ago

Hi,

In the Tigase Management console in "Default room config" section the default room config like "Make Room Persistent", "Make Room Members Only" and so on can be changed; In the other hand (at least when it comes to room persistence) it can also be changed with the following line in init.properties:

muc/default_room_config/muc#roomconfig_persistentroom=true

I changed the default room configs via Tigase Management console and my impression was that the Tigase web Management would update the init.properties file, but after checking the init.properties it seems it won't cange init.properties in this regards.

Is it possible to change other Default room configs, similar to (muc/default_room_config/muc#roomconfig_persistentroom=true) via init.properties?

Thank you in advance for help

Replies (3)

Added by Wojciech Kapcia TigaseTeam about 4 years ago

• All room properties can be configured either on init.properties level (bootstrap, loaded on startup) or via ad-hoc (during runtime)

• Changes done with the ad-hoc will only update current default configuration of the running instance and will not update init.properties file (none of the on-the-fly configuration changes changes @init.properties@).

(1)

Added by Hamid Alimohammadi about 4 years ago

Thank you so much Wojciech for help.

So if I want to change the MUC default room options via init.properties, I would use XEP-0045 syntaxes in Tigase-init.properties-format like bellow:

muc/default_room_config/muc#roomconfig_persistentroom=true

muc/default_room_config/muc#roomconfig_publicroom=false

muc/default_room_config/muc#roomconfig_membersonly=true

muc/default_room_config/muc#roomconfig_changesubject=true

muc/default_room_config/muc#maxhistoryfetch=500

Added by Wojciech Kapcia TigaseTeam almost 4 years ago

Yes, this is correct.

(1-3/3)