Project

General

Is there a limit of maximum number of groups?

周刚 周
Added about 3 years ago

Is there a limit of maximum number of groups?

Thank you very much

Replies (8)

(1)

Added by Wojciech Kapcia TigaseTeam about 3 years ago

You are only limited by the resources.

(1)

Added by 周刚 周 about 3 years ago

Our group members cannot be more than 500 people,so i want to know group of members of the upper limit

(1)

How come? Are you receiving any error while trying to add more? Are you referring to occupants (i.e. people that joined the room) or members (affiliated users)?

(1)

There is no error,Our group can only be allowed to have 500 members to join,This is our demand,MUC Is there a limit to the number

(1)

No, there is no such feature to limit number of neither member nor occupants at this time.

(1)

thank you ,My English is not good sorry.

Added by Igor Khomenko about 3 years ago

I guess the main limit is the client's device resources.

To be in a group with 500 people in - just guess how many presences and messages you will be receiving?

Battery drain, high network usage - there are the main problems here.

(1)

Igor Khomenko wrote:

I guess the main limit is the client's device resources.

This is correct - however original qustion was more about "is it possible to limit number of occupants" and not "is there a limit" :-)

To be in a group with 500 people in - just guess how many presences and messages you will be receiving?

Battery drain, high network usage - there are the main problems here.

This is a fair point, but there are different use cases and a while back we've deployed Tigase in an installation which required handling of 20k (twenty thousand) room occupants - and it worked :-)

(1-8/8)