Project

General

Save on tig_muc tables

yosef arraf
Added 8 months ago

Hi,
What is the relevant version i need to use that save the rooms data on tig_muc tables?(MUC version and Server version)

Thanks
Yosef

Replies (11)

(1)

Added by Andrzej Wójcik IoT 1 CloudTigaseTeam 8 months ago

Separate tables for MUC rooms configuration and rooms history were added in version 3.0.0-SNAPSHOT of the Tigase MUC component. This is a new version and part of Tigase XMPP Server 8.0.0-SNAPSHOT distribution package.

(1)

Added by yosef arraf 8 months ago

Thank you for your replay,

1. is there any risk for upgrade tigase server from 701 to 8?
  2. before version 3.0.0 where MUC rooms data was saved?

Thanks,
Yosef

(1)

They were saved in tig_pairs and tig_nodes tables. For the migration process, we've created tigase.muc.repository.migration.Converter class which can be used to convert rooms stored in the old form to the new tables. However, during this process Tigase XMPP Server needs to be stopped.

(1)

is there any risk for upgrade tigase server from 701 to 8?

(1)

Tigase XMPP Server 8.0.0-SNAPSHOT is still a nightly build of the upcoming version 8.0.0 of the Tigase XMPP Server. As you can see we bumped major version number as it is a huge change from Tigase XMPP Server 7.x series.

Right now work on this version is almost done and we are mostly testing it and fixing found issues. However, it is a big change in the internals of Tigase XMPP Server.

(1)

ok i will keep working with server 701,
can you explain how i can see my room/room participants on tig tables?

(1)

You cannot. That information is kept in memory only.

(1)

in memory mean when restarting server all rooms data will גisappeared ?

(1)

Every time your client disconnects, it is leaving the room, so there is no point to keep a list of participants in the database as it is changing all the time.
So when you restart the server, rooms will still be there, but there will be no participants until the user will join them. Most of XMPP clients do that automatically when they reconnect.

(1)

1. As i understand the client will manage his groups and every time he need to send a massage to the group he will send a stanza with all the group members is that right?
  2. do you have any document how client should work with the server?

Thanks,
Yosef

(1)

1. No, it will rejoin MUC room every time it will reconnect. Then it will send message to one of joined rooms and this message will be delivered to room participants.2
  2. What the client should do and how it should behave is described in https://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0045.html

(1-11/11)