Project

General

PubSub: User affiliations reading error. MySQLNonTransientConnectionException

Mohammed Azhar
Added almost 3 years ago

Hi,

I have installed Tigase on Amazon Ec2 instance and everything was working properly. But when PubSub was added for group chat, initially it was proper, but after 2 days we where not able to do any PubSub related operations like create a node, list user subscriptions etc, although the 1 on 1 functionality was working properly.

If i restart the server i will work fine for one or two days and the problem comes back...

I have not enabled clustering for now, but in the future i might be.

Tigase version : 7.0.3-b3834

mysql version : Ver 14.14 Distrib 5.5.46

Ec2 Instance : t2micro with Amazon Linux

I have attached the logs and my init.properties file.

Please help...

Thank you

Replies (4)

Added by Eric Dziewa almost 3 years ago

com.mysql.jdbc.PacketTooBigException: Packet for query is too large (3904 > 1024). You can change this value on the server by setting the max_allowed_packet' variable.

See here: http://docs.tigase.org/tigase-server/snapshot/Administration_Guide/webhelp/_other_mysql_settings_worth_considering.html

It also looks like your database went down:

Caused by: com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.CommunicationsException: The last packet successfully received from the server was 140,200,854 milliseconds ago.  The last packet sent successfully to the server was 140,200,854 milliseconds ago. is longer than the server configured value of 'wait_timeout'. You should consider either expiring and/or testing connection validity before use in your application, increasing the server configured values for client timeouts, or using the Connector/J connection property 'autoReconnect=true' to avoid this problem.

Caused by: java.net.SocketException: Broken pipe

Added by Mohammed Azhar almost 3 years ago

That is odd... i have changed the max_allowed_packet to 32M in the my.cnf as well as GLOBAL variable. what could be the reason it rest back to 1M?

also could you please suggest the optimum database configuration to run Tigase.

Thanks.

(1)

No idea why your database setting reset. The link I provided in previous reply https://projects.tigase.org/boards/9/topics/6622?r=6624#message-6624 gives some tips on tweaking your MyySQL configuration.

(1-4/4)