Rules and etiquette for Tigase projects website¶
Thank you for using Tigase Projects!
Please read this Terms of Service agreement carefully before accessing or using Tigase Software Website. You have to accept rules of the website use in order to fully activate your account.
Terms of Service¶
- You must provide a valid email address.
- The email address you provided must accept notifications sent by our system. If the provided email address bounces back notifications from our system, the account will be suspended or removed.
- You must be a human to create an account. Accounts registered by "bots" or other automated methods are not permitted.
- You are responsible for all content posted and activity that occurs under your account (even when content is posted by others who have accounts under your account).
- You are responsible for maintaining the security of your account and password. Tigase cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage from your failure to comply with this security obligation.
- You will promptly notify Tigase if you become aware of any unauthorized use of, or access to, our Service through your account, including any unauthorized use of your password or account.
- Your use of the Website and Service must not violate any applicable laws, including copyright or trademark laws, export control laws, or other laws in your jurisdiction. You are responsible for making sure that your use of the Service is in compliance with laws and any applicable regulations.
- You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of the Service, use of the Service, or access to the Service without Tigase's express written permission.
- We will not be liable for damages or losses arising from your use or inability to use the service or otherwise arising under this agreement.
- We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to amend these Terms of Service at any time and will update these Terms of Service in the event of any such amendments. We will notify our Users of material changes to this Agreement, when the change taking effect by posting a notice on our Website. For non-material modifications, your continued use of the Website constitutes agreement to our revisions of these Terms of Service.
- We reserve the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Website (or any part of it) with or without notice.
- You agree to abide by the Rules and Etiquette guidelines set forth
Rules and Etiquette guidelines¶
- If you wish to post tickets, fixes, or on the forums, we require you register an account to help both you and us keep track of your questions, comments, or submissions.
- Please keep conversations within relevant locations inside the site. For example, if you are asking a question about setting up Tigase XMPP Server, you would post your question on the forums under Installation and Maintenance. If you wish to report a bug that arises while using tigase HTTP API, you would make a new bug ticket on the HTTP API project page. If you are a customer and have issues relating to extensions or custom components, please make posts or tickets in your company project section. A list of common pages is listed below.
- Please remember that posts on our Forums will be answered when one of our team can address them. We offer the forums as a free service to Tigase users, however we can make no guarantees.
- Please search forums or tickets to see if your issue or question has been made to avoid duplication.
- DO NOT duplicate issues from the forums to tickets unless asked to do so. They will be rejected, and your account may be disabled if you abuse this rule.
- Be courteous and respectful of all posters. Tigase is an open source project and as such is the effort of many people, not just those of the Tigase Team. The person who is assisting you may have written the code you are having problems with!
- Close issues that are no longer relevant. If an issue has been resolved, or has been assigned back to you for feedback, please test and close it if it is fixed. Please do not leave tickets open for extended periods of time.
- If working with tickets, please use appropriate status when making them, here is a general breakdown:
- New: Ticket is just created.
- Pending Approval: Ticket requires approval by account manager to approve work.
- Approved: Ticket and related work is approved to begin work.
- In Progress: Ticket is being worked on by the assignee.
- In QA: Ticket is undergoing testing to see if issue is resolved or feature is functioning properly.
- Resolved: Setting is used if issue is fixed, or feature is working correctly after QA stage. This may be used for comments or small changes.
- Feedback: Used for post-commit back and forth or related questions.
- Paused: Ticket is put on pause, for lower priority, work to be done later, or work is requested to cease for forthcoming changes.
- Closed: Ticket is closed and all outstanding issues related to are now resolved. Tickets should not leave closed state if future issues arise as they may not be related to original issue. If they are, it is best to create a 'related to' link to reference the original issue.
- Rejected: Ticket should be ignored; issue is duplicated, issue is resolved, or it may have been a user error.
Our Main Public Projects¶
The list of projects and associated pages are here: